What Channels Are Included With Youtube Tv: Are you tired of flipping through channels, searching for something to watch? Look no further than YouTube TV, where you’ll find a comprehensive lineup of channels to satisfy your entertainment cravings. From news and sports to movies and TV shows, YouTube TV has got you covered. In this blog post, we’ll explore the extensive channel lineup on YouTube TV and discover what sets it apart from YouTube Premium. So sit back, relax, and get ready to discover a world of endless entertainment options.
Comprehensive Channel Lineup on YouTube TV
For those looking to cut the cord and venture into the world of streaming television, YouTube TV offers a robust selection of channels to satisfy a diverse array of viewing preferences. This platform is designed to replace traditional cable TV by providing a wide range of channels without the hassle of a contract or a set-top box.
Major Broadcast Networks
One of the primary benefits of YouTube TV is its inclusion of the major broadcast networks. This ensures that subscribers have access to:
- ABC: Home to popular shows, local news, and live sports.
- CBS: Offering hit series, the CBS Evening News, and NFL games.
- NBC: Known for Sunday Night Football, The Voice, and other prime time hits.
- Fox: Broadcaster of Fox News, MLB games, and animated comedies like The Simpsons.
With these networks, YouTube TV ensures a comprehensive package that caters to the need for current events, sports, and entertainment.
Popular Cable Networks
In addition to the major networks, YouTube TV subscribers can delve into a variety of popular cable channels that enrich the viewing experience:
- ESPN: A must-have for sports enthusiasts, offering live games, sports news, and commentary.
- AMC: The home of critically acclaimed original series and blockbuster movies.
- HGTV: A go-to destination for home improvement and real estate enthusiasts.
- TNT: Provides a blend of original drama series and sports coverage, including NBA games.
These channels are just a glimpse of the vast selection available, ensuring that there’s something for everyone, from the sports fanatic to the movie buff.
Live and Local Sports, News, and Shows
One of the standout features of YouTube TV is its live content offering. Subscribers can enjoy:
- Live sports events, including regional and national games.
- Local news broadcasts to keep up with community and global events.
- A variety of shows, spanning various genres and interests.
With over 70 channels to choose from, the live aspect of traditional TV is preserved and enhanced in the digital streaming landscape.
Local and Regional Programming
Understanding the importance of local programming, YouTube TV has ensured that over 98% of US TV households have access to their local and regional channels. This means subscribers can stay connected with what’s happening in their immediate area without losing the broader perspective provided by national networks.
Unlimited DVR Space and Multiple Accounts
YouTube TV transcends traditional cable with its subscriber-friendly features, including:
- Unlimited DVR space, allowing you to record and store your favorite shows and events without worrying about running out of room.
- The ability to create up to 6 accounts for a single price, making it a cost-effective option for families or shared households.
These features underscore YouTube TV’s commitment to providing a user-centric viewing experience.
Channels Not Included
Despite its extensive lineup, YouTube TV does have a few notable absences. Channels such as Lifetime, History, or A&E are not currently part of the package, which together represent a small percentage of the top cable TV channels. For fans of these networks, this may be a consideration when deciding on a streaming service.
Distinguishing YouTube TV from YouTube Premium
It’s important to differentiate between YouTube TV and YouTube Premium, as they serve distinct purposes:
- YouTube TV focuses on providing a live TV service with access to a wide range of broadcast and cable channels.
- YouTube Premium, on the other hand, offers an ad-free experience on YouTube itself, with additional perks like background play and downloads.
However, as a combined subscriber of both YouTube Premium and YouTube TV, you can enjoy YouTube originals and content without ads, though ads will still be present on live and recorded TV shows.
YouTube TV represents a significant shift in how viewers consume television, offering flexibility, a wide range of content, and user-friendly features like unlimited DVR and multiple accounts. While it’s not exhaustive in its channel offerings, for many it provides a comprehensive and satisfying TV watching experience that aligns with the digital age. As the landscape of television continues to evolve, services like YouTube TV are at the forefront, redefining what it means to “watch TV.”
FAQ & Related Questions about YouTube TV
Q: What channels are included with YouTube TV?
A: YouTube TV offers a variety of channels from major broadcast and popular cable networks such as ABC, CBS, NBC, ESPN, AMC, HGTV, TNT, and more.
Q: Can I watch live sports and news with YouTube TV?
A: Yes, YouTube TV allows you to stream live and local sports, news, and shows from over 70 channels, including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, HGTV, TNT, and more.
Q: Are there any hidden fees for YouTube TV?
A: No, there are no hidden fees, equipment rentals, or installation appointments with YouTube TV. Memberships include national and local networks, on-demand movies and shows, and unlimited cloud DVR storage space.
Q: What is included in the YouTube TV basic package?
A: The YouTube TV Base Plan includes 100+ channels, covering live and local TV, sports, entertainment, and news. The price for the basic package is $72.99/month.
Q: Can I subscribe to standalone networks without the YouTube TV Base Plan?
A: Yes, you have the option to subscribe to certain standalone networks without the Base Plan. This allows you to mix and match your subscriptions according to your preferences.